If you've been following my Slimming World posts for a while you'll know that during the week at work I have quiche every day for my lunch. I find it really fills me up, it's full of goodness and it's really easy to make. I make two batches up on a Sunday afternoon which gives me 4 days in the week, I don't even have to think about it and I love that! The best thing is it's totally syn free too!
So to make this yummy quiche, you will need:
◦ Bacon (fat removed)
◦ 3 eggs
◦ 150g Fat Free Cottage Cheese
And here’s how:
- Prepare whatever Speed and Free veggies take your fancy and remove the fat from the bacon.
- Fry them all together in a pan with fry light and whatever herbs you want, I usually go for a bit of paprika and garlic.
- Whilst these are cooking, mix together 3 eggs and 150g of fat- free natural cottage cheese. You can add cheese as well, but remember to take it out of your daily allowance.
- Put your vege mix in an oven proof dish and pour over the cottage cheese.
- Place your spinach over the top and add your sliced tomatoes
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Either serve straight away or if you’re like me, wait until they’ve cooled down and add them to a lunchbox. Half of the quiche is a day’s lunch for me so I usually make two batches.
Et voila! An easy lunch alternative!