Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
Add 6 Syns if not using Mozzarella as a Healthy Extra on Original and Extra Easy.
You will need:
- 4 British turkey breast steaks
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 115ml chicken stock
- 400g vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 200g mozzarella, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh basil leaves
- A large green salad, to serve
- Put each British turkey breast steak between 2 sheets of cling film, flatten with a rolling pin until about 0.5cm thick and then remove the cling film. Although I didn't need to do these with mine.
- Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium heat. Add the British turkey steaks, 1 or 2 at a time if necessary, and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until reduced. Stir in the vine tomatoes, peppers, tomato purée, oregano and chilli flakes and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- You can either do this next bit in the oven or on the grill. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the British turkey breasts and then top with mozzarella slices. Season, then either grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling or put them in the oven to do the same which is what I did.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and basil leaves and serve with a large green salad, I also did ours with a Mediterranean vege, peppers, baby plum tomatoes and onion roasted.
- Et voila! Enjoy!